Árni Ármann Árnason
Supreme Court Attorney / Partner
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel.: 551 1348
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court in 2009.
- University of Iceland, Business and Commercial Studies 2000-2002.
- Admitted to practice before the District Court in 1990.
- University of Iceland, mag. jur. 1988.
Mr. Árni Ármann Árnason has a broad range of work experience. Before he established his own law firm in 2005 he practiced as an in-house lawyer for financial corporations and large enterprises for many years. Mr. Árnason is a highly regarded supreme court attorney and his clients vary from large institutions such as financial corporations, public institutions and local governments to smaller companies and individuals. Mr. Árnason is an experienced litigator, both before the district courts of Iceland as well as the Supreme Court of Iceland. He has also extensive experience in winding-up and bankruptcy procedures, including having been a member of the winding-up board of Byr Savings Bank from 2010 until 2016 when the winding-up proceedings ended with a composition agreement.
- Libra lögmenn since 2005.
- Attorney and Chief Financial Officer at Skeljungur hf. from 1995 – 2005.
- Lawyer at Landsbanki Íslands hf. from 1988 – 1995.
- Board member of numerous companies.
- Lecturer in the Law faculty at the University of Iceland.
Banking and Finance Law, Financial Leasing, Property Law, Company Law, Bankruptcy Law, Estate administration, Marital Law, sales and purchases of companies, real-estates and ships, Tenancy rights, Organizational and Construction Law, Competition Law, Contract Law, Local Government Law, Collateral Law, Contractors rights and litigation.